Kuwait is considered to be the fifth richest country in the world by gross national income per capita with its native currency, the Kuwaiti Dinar being the most valued currency globally. The country holds over seven percent of the world’s global oil reserve with a current production capacity of 3.1 million barrels per day. The unemployment rate in the country is astoundingly low at 3 percent making it a great place to live and work.
Apart from the economic attributes, Kuwait is also an extremely beautiful country with several sightseeing opportunities, and considered one of the safest countries in the world. This has made it a number one destination to foreigners especially job seekers and people seeking to level up their quality of life. If you are among this set of people, then it is no coincidence that you are here. However, before you visit the country, it is important to understand the underlying importance of securing a reliable means of transportation upon arrival. In this article we will walk you through a step by step guide when you are going with the rent a car Kuwait option.
- Choose a reputable car rental company: The first step to your car rental journey is getting a reliable company with a good track record. This could be a challenging task if you are new to the city and don’t know how things work. In that case, visit a reliable marketplace like OneClickDrive, as they have done all the homework for you by conducting the necessary research and selecting a couple of trustworthy suppliers to feature on their platform. Simply browse through their wide range of car rentals options, make your selection and proceed with your booking and be guaranteed quality service and five-star experience.
- Read reviews: Before you make your final selection on which car rental company to pick, read reviews and ask for recommendations from family and friends who have secured Kuwait car rentals before. This will increase your trust in the company you chose and make you more comfortable knowing what to expect from their service.
- Make sure you have all the necessary documents to rent a car in Kuwait: The minimum age to rent a car in Kuwait is 21 years, although certain car categories require a minimum age of 25. If you are a foreigner, you must have a visit visa and international driving license to be eligible to rent a car. Additionally, it is essential to carry your credit card and a valid ID. Driving without a valid driver’s license is illegal in Kuwait and punishable by law.
- Obey traffic rules and regulations: Law enforcers on the road in Kuwait are quite strict, therefore take extra care and ensure you don’t break any rules. Digital cameras are placed on the roads to capture traffic offenders. Wearing of the front seat belts as well as adherence to the prescribed speed limit is compulsory. Also, avoid right turns at a red light unless the designated right-turn lane exists. Importantly, you should learn all the rules of the road prior to setting off for a trip.
- Save money with long term rental: As a traveler in a foreign country, saving money must be your top priority. Therefore, instead of renting a car daily, you can reduce the cost of transportation by simply going for a cheap monthly car rental Kuwait. Monthly rentals are generally cheaper and offer more discounts than daily rental and it is also more convenient when you consider the stress of picking up your vehicle every time as opposed to having it at your disposal for the whole month.
Renting a car in Kuwait is the most convenient means of getting around the city at your own pace. It is also more cost effective especially when you go for a car rental in Kuwait monthly. It is important to familiarize yourself with the traffic rules and regulations before driving to prevent the repercussions for violating them.