In India, BCom is considered a favored career choice for commerce students seeking to build a career in the corporate or commercial sector. This course from a top BCom university in Mumbai prepares students to face challenges and manage the everyday business operations of enterprises. Reasons why commerce students opt for this course are the enormous career opportunities & other benefits attached to this course.
Further in this blog, we’ll discuss the advantages of pursuing this course, so if you are a commerce student you can consider going through this piece of information.
|Table Of Contents
BCom Course- Introduction
BCom is an undergraduate course of 3 years offered by various Universities in India to teach topics like accounting, marketing, finance, and insurance with technology to teach expertise in business principles and organisational behaviour.
Now Blockchain and artificial intelligence are also making an impact on various sectors of organisation hence Universal AI University in Mumbai offers this course by including concepts related to this technology.
Course highlights of the BCom course at Universal AI University
|Course Duration||4 years|
|Admission process||Applicants need to clear the UBSAT examination and personal interview round.|
|Course Fee||1.98 Lakh per annum|
Advantages of pursuing a BCom course
- Enormous Career Opportunities- Students from the best University in Mumbai receive enormous career opportunities in public & private sector enterprises.
Some of the most preferred job profiles by BCom graduates are-
- Investment banker
- Insurance Agent
- Tax Consultant
- Account Executive
- Bank Manager
- Business Analyst
- Cost Accountant
- Accounts Officer
- Marketing Manager
- Stock Broker
- Accounts Manager
- Business Consultant
- Provide knowledge of numerous fields- At best BCom colleges in Mumbai students receive knowledge and training in different areas of business organisation and administration. They are taught concepts of banking, finance and accounting, law, human resource, investment management, etc. And after completion of the course, students are free to make a career in any of these fields.
- Vast job areas- Due to the understanding and knowledge of various fields of commerce and management, Students from BCom colleges in Mumbai receive a great number of job options in the areas such as Accounting, Educational Institutions, Tax Advisory, taxation firms, Banking & Insurance, Insurance, Auditing firms, Budget planning, Investment industry, Business Consultancies, etc
- Higher Earning Potential- Be it the Government sector, or private sector, the career opportunities for students of top BCom University in Mumbai are immense. However, the salary of a BCom graduate depends on various factors such as area of specialisation, academic qualification, professional experience, skills, knowledge, and your alma-meter.
According to PayScale, the average salary received by BCom graduates is Rs. 4,92,000 per annum. Now, let’s check out the BCom professionals in various job positions as follows-
|Job Positions||Salary (per annum)|
|Business Development Manager||5,96,544|
|Senior Account Executive||4,26,198|
- Immense Higher education prospects- While many students pursue jobs right after completion of their BCom course, some students who seek to widen their career scope also choose to pursue higher education courses. In India, various postgraduate degrees/diplomas, certification courses, and professional courses are available for BCom graduates.
The commonly opted higher education courses by BCom graduates are-
- Master of Commerce
- Financial Risk Manager certification
- Master of Business Administration
- Financial modelling certification
- Master of Management studies
- Chartered Accountancy
- Business Accounting and Taxation (BAT)
- Company Secretary
- Certified Finance Planner
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Flexible employment opportunity- Top BCom University in Mumbai
equips you with the necessary skills, knowledge, and market insights that make you capable of starting and running your own business.
- Provides solid market knowledge- BCom University in Mumbai
through its top-notch course curriculum, guest lectures, workshops, seminars, and industry exposure will provide you with solid market knowledge that will help you in securing the most suitable job positions in the organisation. Additionally, it will help you perform your job role with ease.
Reasons to choose Universal AI University for a BCom course?
- This University in Mumbai offers scholarship facilities to students who perform excellence in academics and economically backward students.
- The college offers training & placement support to students and offers an average salary of Rs. 10 lakhs per annum.
- Prominent companies such as Asian paints, Deloitte, IDFC First Bank, Adidas, American Express, etc. are the major recruiters at this University.
- BCom University in Mumbai has also established an incubation center to boost the entrepreneurship capability of students through infrastructure, mentorship, capital, education, etc.
- The college promotes students learning through practical and experiential approaches through projects, research work, internship programs, etc.
BCom course offers a promising future for the commerce graduate in the private/public sector as well as in the field of entrepreneurship. If the advantages mentioned in this post have convinced you to pursue BCom then do check out the Course curriculum and admission information of BCom University in Mumbai.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which are the subjects I need to study in BCom?
- In the Bcom course, you’ll generally study subjects such as-
- Business Economics
- Business Organisation
- Corporate Tax
- Financial Law
- Business Law
- Fundamentals of computer & information system
- International Business
2. What is the best course to pursue after completing 12th from the commerce stream?
After 12th Commerce students can pursue Bachelor of Commerce or Bachelor of Business administration courses.
3. Which is better BCom or BBA?
There can not be a direct answer to this question as it will vary according to the student’s interests, skills, and career goals. Students interested in making a career related to finance, or banking should opt for the BCom Course and students interested in making a career in the other fields of Management should opt for the BBA degree.
4. Is MBA good after completing BCom?
Yes, MBA is one of the most preferred choices for students interested in enhancing their career opportunities and wanting to secure higher-level job positions in an organisation.