If you are an IT auditor, controller or the one who monitors and assesses the business systems and Information Technology of an organization then you must have been recommended several times by various IT professionals about being CISA or CISM certified in order to boost your expertise and attain the leverage to grow up higher in your career. But then, the query arises about what actually is better, CISA or CISM? Well, that is totally dependent on one’s interests, background and experience. Both certifications are offered by ISACA (Information Systems Audit and Control). ISACA is a global community that offers you to share your passions and ideas for the IT audit, Security, risks, management and Governance. Following is a list of most credential certifications offered by ISACA.
- CISA ( Certified Information System Auditor)
- CRISC (Certified in Risk and Information System Control)
- CISM (Certified in Information Security Manager)
- CGEIT (Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT)
- CSX-P (CSX – Cyber security Practitioner)
- CDPSE (Certified Data Privacy Solution Engineer)
- ITCA (Information Technology Certified Associate)
- CET (Certified in Emerging Technology)
All of the above certification holders are considered gems of respective professions and are highly paid. But, CISA, CISM and CISSP holders are considered the most professional in the IT industry. Take a look on a short intro to CISA and CISM to understand what’s better for you.
What is CISM?
CISM is abbreviated from Certified in Information Security Manager which is offered by ISACA. This certification indicates the possession of knowledge and experience that is required for the development and management of an Information Security (IS) program. The CISM certification is issued to people who are responsible for managing, designing, supervising and evaluating the enterprise Information Security. The Major duties of a CISM professional are
- To govern Information System Security
- To manage risks regarding information
- To program, develop and manage Information Security
- To manage incidents regarding Information Security
- To protect and manage the information assets.
CISM certified professionals are considered real assets for the IT sector. It requires a lot of abilities to pass a CISM exam with great marks. But, all the hard work is worth the job titles and salaries offered to CISM certified professionals. Following are the designations offered to CISM professionals.
- Chief Information Officer.
- Chief Technology Officer.
- Chief Operating Officer.
- Chief Information Security Officer.
- Chief Architecture Officer
What is CISA?
CISA is abbreviated from Certified Information System Auditor which is basically a standard certification offered too by ISACA which is recognized globally and appraises the knowledge, skills and expertise of an IT auditor. The CISA Certification in Copenhagen is issued to people who are in charge of an organization’s IT and management, protection and monitoring of business systems. The course is designed to boost the careers of Security professionals, IT auditors and audit managers. The major duties of a CISA certified professional are
- To audit IS (Information Systems)
- To govern and manage IT
- To acquisite, develop and implement Information System
- To operate, maintain and manage the services of Information System.
- To protect the information assets.
Everything You Need to Know about CISM & CISA
Likewise CISM, the CISA certified professionals are highly demanding due to the responsibilities they handle in Information Technology sector. Such professionalism require real hard work and dedication to pass the CISA exam. There are various CISA dumps that ensures that you pass the CISA exam with the highest passing rate. The passing percentage for CISA is 45-50% i.e. scoring 450 out of 800 marks. Choosing the best among so many CISA dumps is hard but one should choose wisely in order to attain the CISA certification with brilliant marks which would obviously lead to an attractive job position at a leading firm. The job titles offered to a CISA certified professional are as follows.
- Information Technology Auditor
- Information Security Manager
- Information Systems Audit Manager
- Information Security Analyst
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Internal Audit Director
There are lot more to know about CISA i.e. the experience needed, past qualification, exam codes and many more queries. You can always click for more about CISA and get yourself assisted by the best CISA exam dumps providers.
If you want to go beyond auditing and focus primarily on Information Security then another option that would boost your career to the highest is CISSP certification. CISSP is the abbreviation of Certified Information Systems Security Professional offered by (ISC)² that should be opted if you are an IT cyber security professional. (ISC)² stands for International Information System Security Certification Consortium considered as the world’s largest IT security organization that is dedicated to train and provide certifications to cyber security professionals. Attempting a CISSP exam is far more expensive rather than CISA. The CISA preparation requires $45 annually whereas CISSP requires $125 a year thus offering highest paid jobs i.e. up to $125,000 annually. The job of CISSP professional is
- To identify and analyze the security needs of the clients.
- To explain them the issues and recommend the best solutions to the clients.
- To create policies and procedures that protect the businesses from issues mainly regarding security.
There is no doubt in the fact that all of the certification handlers are considered professionals in the IT field. But, the designations offered to CISSP certified professionals are more as compare to CISA. Following are the designations offered to the CISSP certified.
- Security analysts, consultants, auditors and managers.
- Cybersecurity engineers
- Cybersecurity architects
- Cybersecurity specialists
- Chief information security officers
Highest paid jobs require higher dedication level and a lot of hard work. This is absolutely true that preparing for such a hard exam that requires high level preparation to pass with the highest rates. Like CISA and CISM, there are various CISSP dumps too that assist in exam preparations.
It should be wise enough to go through famous CISA, CISM and CISSP dumps providers before opting the suitable certification according to your expertise and past experiences for boosting up your career.