The Bachelor of Technology is a technical, and prestigious engineering degree program pursued by many to initiate a successful career in engineering. And, candidates after going through four years of practical experience, as well as intensive training in the field are offered this undergraduate degree. In the present scenario, engineers are found in every sector, and their presence is considered to be helpful by organizations to reach new heights.
With advancements in every sector, the demand for engineering graduates is rapidly increasing. As a result, the best BTech colleges in Kerala are coming forward with innovative ideas, lessons, and training sessions to effectively mold people’s dreams, while allowing them to explore their goals. In this blog, we will discuss what benefits you can draw from pursuing a BTech degree, and the possibilities that open for you once you’ve earned your BTech.
|Table of Content:
About the BTech Program
This four-year undergraduate full-time course is generally chosen by science students after completing their 10+2 standard with compulsory subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. This course, however, offers multiple specializations in fields like Computer Science, Biotechnology, Civil, Mechanical, Aeronautics, Electronics and Communication, Information Technology, etc.
To seek admission, candidates need to appear for national-level BTech entrance examinations like JEE Advanced, JEE Mains, etc. Besides the national level ones, they can also appear for private and state-level entrance examinations. However, some institutes also select candidates based on marks obtained at 12 board exams. And, every entrance exam and institute has its requirements. The fee structure for this course might vary from college to college. However, the BTech fees in Kerala usually range from around Rs. 2.5 lakhs to Rs. 5 lakhs or more than that.
What are the various job roles available for BTech aspirants?
Engineers are highly regarded for the positive effects they have on society. In each establishment, they are welcomed with open arms and hearts. As a result, an appropriate BTech specialization degree can help you explore roles in multiple sectors. Given below are some of the popular job profiles that can match your qualifications:
- Mechanical Engineer: Mechanical Engineers carry out the responsibilities of designing power-producing machines like internal combustion engines, electric generators, steam and gas turbines, as well as power-using machines like air-conditioners and refrigerators. They also design other machines like escalators and elevators. Completing a BTech degree in Mechanical Engineering will make you eligible for this role.
- Robotics Engineer: A Robotics Engineer mostly works with computer-aided design software to make parts and designs that can be used to build robots. Robotics engineers test their creations to make sure they work properly. As humans can work easily with the help of robots in difficult tasks, therefore there’s an increase in the number of individuals willing to become robotics engineers.
- Civil Engineer: A civil engineer is entirely responsible for maintaining, as well as building roads, water resources, bridges, etc. Civil engineers work for government agencies, and also for consulting and construction firms that deal with private or government clients. A degree in civil engineering from the best BTech colleges in Kerala can assist you properly to make a career in this sector.
- Automotive Engineer: Automotive Engineers generally perform as a part of a team, and are given the responsibility of vehicle designing, manufacturing, testing, and development. Their specific responsibilities include assessing project requirements, building prototypes of components, developing and implementing test procedures, etc. An academic program in Automobile Engineering is required to work in this profession.
- Chemical Engineer: A chemical engineer mostly develops, and designs chemical manufacturing processes. In order to solve problems related to the use of chemicals or the production of fuel, chemicals, food, drugs, and many other products, these engineers make use of the principles of chemistry, biology, physics, and mathematics. The best BTech colleges in Kerala offer Btech in chemical engineering that can help you to turn into a chemical engineer.
- Production Engineer: Production Engineers are generally responsible for improving production, as well as working as a supervisor at factories and plants. They are the ones who support engineering teams, along with drawing up safety protocols, developing strategies to improve profit and efficiency, and also reporting issues to the manager. The branch of production engineering is, however, known as a subset of Mechanical Engineering.
- Computer Science Engineer: In the present context, every organization requires computer science engineers for development and better growth. Computer engineers generally combine computer science and electrical engineering to create new technology. Modern computers’ hardware is created, built, and maintained by computer engineers. These engineers focus on effectively and securely combining hardware and software in a single system. You can check out the best BTech colleges in Kerala to pursue a degree in computer science.
Rather than the above-mentioned opportunities, you can also apply for Government job organizations like Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), Indian Railways, Indian Navy, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), Indian Army, etc. Furthermore, you can also apply for jobs in the public sector through GATE, or turn into an entrepreneur. The best engineering colleges in Kerala attempt at creating industry-ready students with intellectual honesty, environmental awareness, and social awareness, which in turn can make them ready for a successful future in the engineering sector.
Further Studies after BTech Courses
Upon completing a BTech degree, you will be eligible for multiple degree programs, diploma courses, as well as certificate programs. Some of the popular study programs are mentioned below:
- Masters of Information Technology (MTech)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- Data Analytics Certification
- AI and Machine Learning Course
- Six Sigma Certification
- Cloud Computing
- Web Designing courses
Altogether, you will be able to discover better and amazing prospects in this competitive market if you follow the right study plan following your B.Tech, and have excellent skill sets.
Read about the top-most BTech college in Kerala
Widely known as one of the excellent engineering colleges in Kerala, TOMS College of Engineering and Polytechnic offer B.Tech Engineering and Polytechnic Diploma courses. The major goal of TOMS College of Engineering is to deliver top-notch instruction in the primary undergraduate engineering disciplines through a unique balancing act of academic, professional, and extracurricular programs in an environment of academic freedom.
TOMS College of Engineering and Polytechnic offers AICTE- approved BTech courses in the fields of Computer Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, and Civil Engineering, and these study programs are affiliated with the APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University. As one of the best engineering colleges in Kerala, it is committed to imparting students with solid teamwork skills and communication, so that they can make valuable contributions in the future. Visit their official website to learn more about the college.
As we’ve seen, a BTech degree can help you take advantage of wonderful chances and advance your career. And, due to the innovations in science and technology, there are countless career opportunities in this sector. Overall, BTech is one of the renowned fields of study, specifically in a country like India.
And, if you are searching for the best engineering courses in Kerala, visit the official website of TOMS College of Engineering and Polytechnic today and register for their popular BTech courses.
- How many seats are available for BTech courses at TOMS College of Engineering and Polytechnic?
There are 60 seats available per course in TOMS College of Engineering and Polytechnic. Out of 60, 30 seats belong to the Management quota, and 30 to the Government quota.
- What are the duties of a ceramic engineer?
Ceramic engineers generally develop new ceramic products, and the methods and equipment used for processing ceramic materials. They can work in research centers with various products like electronic components, glassware components, etc.
- What are the benefits of pursuing a BTech degree, and turning into an engineer?
There are endless benefits of earning a BTech degree, some of which include having a variety of career options, job satisfaction, development of the mind, financial security, and scientific and technological breakthroughs. The best BTech colleges in Kerala can provide you with more information on the advantages of this course.
- What might a BTech graduate with work experience earn?
Depending on the organization they work for, experienced graduates can expect to earn between 5 and 10 lacs annually.