Getting back to school is one of the most exciting things for kids to do after a long break due to the pandemic and lockdown. There’s every bit that your kids would want to have new for themselves to go back to school. One of them that comes with high priority is school shoes.
The school shoe must follow school specifications like flat, black, polishable, etc. the companies catering to the demand should make it sturdy and robust as kids will wear them throughout the week, some children will walk to school, are active in recess and playtime. These shoes should be comfortable and supportive to the growing feet. Shop Now on Schuh.co.uk
The bones of school-going children do not fuse till puberty. The muscle strength of children is lacking, and the likelihood of hypermobility is there. Shoes must be supportive and safeguard feet that are growing. Unfit shoes may make the foot of the child flat or give sore knees, shin splints, or back pain. Parents should spend time to ensure that the shoe fits properly.
All shoe shops have the facility to measure children’s feet in-store. Use this facility before selecting the shoe when parents visit a shoe shop, measure both feet a couple of times. Inspect the shoe that the feet are wide and deep enough for the foot. Ensure there is space of about half of the width of the thumb between the big toe and the end of the shoe.
The child’s foot fits snugly in the shoe and there is no pain or pressure points compression when they walk for trial. If the child’s foot contour is visible, the fitting is defective. The foot of the child tends to swell all through the day. The afternoon is the best time to make a purchase. The oversize shoes will make walking defective for the child. It is likely to slip out when he walks or runs, maybe causing a fall.
Specification of Shoes
A supportive shoe looks sturdy, comfortable fitting, and has a good grip of the sole is the foremost priority. The shoe should have flexibility in the front. A good shoe will bend at the ball of the foot and not beyond. This shoe will help the child push off using toe, but the back half of the foot is stable and secure. If the shoe bends all over or gets twisted with little pressure is not of good quality.
A small heel is necessary. The heel will keep the foot in a neutral position. A flat show will claw the feet when walking. The weight of the shoe should be optimum. A heavy shoe will cause muscle pain and foot aches. The toe space should be sufficient and deep. It is the space at the end of the shoe.
The child should be able to wriggle their toes. The sweating will be less. The sock liner meaning insole needs to be soft comfortable and absorbent fabric. Parents can remove it and fit it with the orthotic. Check laces are not broken, buckles are not rusted, and Velcro is functional.
When to purchase a new shoe?
You know it’s time to get new shoes when the following situations occur:
- The toes begin to touch the end of the shoe
- The tread at the bottom of the shoe receives frayed and is likely to slip.
- The leather gets wrinkles on the front and sides, which means the shoe has become tight.
- The shoe develops a hole in the toe space, or heels get uneven; it is time to discard the shoe.
- The leather shoes are mostly stiff in the beginning. Advice the child to wear and walk around the house. It will increase the comfort level once they wear it to school.
- Remember, some shoes are available in European sizes rather than the UK sizing. Get help from the shop attendant.
- A few shoes must be wiped for the next day. However, leather requires daily polish. A dab of polish and a suitable brush will do the work quickly. It will shine the shoe and give it longevity.
The Role of Price!
The shoe material is different and crafted differently, affecting the cost. The price goes up for the following reason.
- Better quality shoes ate stitched and not glued.
- Economical shoes have cardboard for the piece that runs through the shoe’s sole to keep it in shape. The expensive shoes use sturdy polyurethane material.
- The excellent quality shoes possess well-padded lining constructed from breathable fabric. They use fewer synthetics.
- The pockets of blown outsoles make the shoe cushioning and lessen the weight. On the negative side, soles wear out and sink with ease.
- The cheaper shoes are likely to fall apart fast, and reinvestment must be made.
A Problem in Child’s Feet
Doctors will tell you that the foot has a mechanical imbalance in the foot and needs treatment. If the shoe gets uneven pressure, it will show on the shoe. Another symptom is the big toe peeping through the top of the shoe. The arch supports are lacking, and consult a doctor.
Well-fitting shoes are essential for fast-growing feet. Parents, out of ignorance, making the child wear ill-fitted shoes can create inherited problems and deformities that will last their entire life. Foot problems are hammertoes, bunions, thickened or ingrown toenails, bruised toenails, blisters, corns, and other problems that can be avoided with well-fitted shoes.
The kid’s foot grows fast, and even the shape also changes. It is advised to check the foot- size periodically. One to three months till the age of three. Every four months till the child reaches the age of five. Every six months till the child stops growing. When the child is 12 years old, the feet have increased 90% of adult length. The first twelve years are vital for foot growth, and podiatrists attempt to prevent foot problems from early childhood.
Keep in touch With new products and Shop Now on Schuh.co.uk