HR is one of the most rewarding jobs in the business world. This is because they get to handle one of the most important duties in a corporate structure, namely managing the staff. If you are an HR management aspirant or want to know what are the ways and which University in Raipur can help you advance your career in HR management then this piece of writing will help you find answers to all your questions.
Table of Contents
- What is HR management?
- Functions of HR management
- How to advance your career in HR management
- Career prospects in HR management
- Kalinga University
- Frequently asked questions
What is HR management?
To fulfill an organization’s mission, vision, and goals, human resource management involves planning, organizing, and overseeing its workforce. This covers employee recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, retention, and motivation.
Functions of HR management
HR managers perform 3 kinds of functions-
- Managerial Functions
- Human resource planning
- Advisory Functions
- Advice departmental heads-
- Advice to Company’s top management-
- Operative Functions
- Recruitment and selection
- Performance appraisal
- Training and development
- Wage and salary administration
- Employee Welfare
- Labor relations
How to advance your career in HR management
- Expand your knowledge by pursuing a Higher Degree– To have a deeper understanding of the different concepts of HR management, you can pursue MBA in HR from MBA colleges in Chhattisgarh, such as Kalinga University. This will help you become an expert in your domain and help you avail better career opportunities.
- Be determined– You need to be determined to achieve measurable or tangible results to advance your career. And you can achieve these measurable results by creating new policies and procedures.
- Seek out challenges and new opportunities– If you want to advance your career in HR you need to get out of your comfort zone and face the challenges. Ex- HR department is concerned with employee retention, so you need to look for ways to improve employee recognition programs, etc.
- Surround yourself with the right people– The connections you build with individuals count, just like they do in any job. Select the right people to surround yourself with if you’re starting your career in HR. You can also look into job-shadowing opportunities to meet people from your domain. Surrounding yourself with the right people will clarify your career direction.
Career prospects in HR management
The HR department is the backbone of an organization, whether an organization is a small-scale industry or multinational, an HR professional is required to manage and work for the welfare and development of the company. Many companies work with the policy of remote working, so you avail work from home jobs too.
Job profiles that you can apply in this field are as follows-
- HR consultant
- Human resources executive
- Employee education consultant
- Training and development manager
- Executive recruiter
- Human resource manager
- Non-profit Human resource expert
List of companies that hire HR professionals in India-
- Tata communications
- Vistara Airlines
- Boston consulting group
- Max life Insurance, and others.
Kalinga University in Raipur was established in 2013 and offers various undergraduate, postgraduate, and Ph.D. programs in the field of management, education, pharmacy, Law, Arts & Humanities, Science, engineering, etc.
The specialty of this university is that students from around the world come to study here. The world-class infrastructure, experienced teaching staff, course curriculum based on industry standards, library, hostel facilities, and other facilities.
Department of Management- This department of Kalinga university believes that with the right education, correct career guidance and networking connections management aspirants can make a fruitful career.
At Kalinga, students are nurtured to become leaders of tomorrow. Industrial visits, internship programs, workshops, and seminars are organized to give students exposure to the corporate world.
This University in Chhattisgarh offers BBA and MBA programs in HR management, please check out the eligibility and course duration in the table.
|BBA||3 years||Students who have passed the 10+2 exams are eligible for this course.||Semester|
|MBA (Dual Specialization)||2 years||Students who have passed the Graduation exam for any field are eligible for this course.||Semester|
Maintaining a variety of personnel and taking care of them has become essential as businesses have begun focusing on conducting business electronically. Of course, you should anticipate a rise in demand for HR specialists in India soon. Additionally, the demand for HR will always be there as long as there are businesses in the world. To become an HR professional enroll yourself in the best MBA college in Raipur– Kalinga University’s UG and PG programs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the average salary of HR professionals in India?
HR professionals’ average salary based on different positions are as follows-
Assistant HR manager- 5,70, 552 per year
HR manager- 7,02,553 per year
Staffing manager- 7,51,249 per year
Senior Human resource manager- 11,82,279 per year
Please note that the salary will vary according to the experience, skills, and company you choose to work with. As a beginner, you can expect a 2.95 LPA.
- What are the benefits of studying at a University in Raipur?
Raipur is developing as an industrial hub in central India. While the cost of living in the city is low and career opportunities for HR professionals are growing, this is the best place to study. Also, it is connected to all the major cities of India through rail and air transport.
- Why choose an MBA in HR?
Your career will benefit from an MBA in HR with increased salary packages and job positions, but it will also aid in your personal development. It fosters the growth of effective management, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Is the HR job difficult?
Managing people is not an easy task because people differ in ideologies. As an HR, you need to align them towards organizational goals by performing different functions such as training and development, employee recognition programs, team activities, etc.
- How do I start working in HR?
To start working in HR, you need to complete your Master’s in HR management first, apply for an internship to have corporate world exposure, make a resume, and apply for jobs. But if you study at a university such as Kalinga university in Raipur, they will help you get placement in good companies.